Can You Get Covid Twice: 10 Important Things The Experts Say
The most viral talk from 2020 throughout the world is the coronavirus. As it creates a huge impact on various living organisms, many queries arise regarding that.
One such major doubt is, can you get covid twice? Let’s see the entire story of coronavirus from my perspective.
Let’s understand Covid-19
1. The science behind Covid 19
The outbreak of a new variant of the virus results in a severe respiratory disorder in December 2019 at Wuhan, known to be named SAR-CoV-2 (covid 19).
Due to its mutation nature, the virus stands between the DNA and RNA families. In Late 2020, a man was reported who got covid twice which leads to this query: can you get covid twice?
2. History behind the name
The name covid 19 (novel coronavirus) was termed by the World Health Organization only after the wide outburst resulting in sudden severe respiratory illness in a large population.
3. How does it affect Human Beings?
Covid 19 enters the human body via airborne respiratory droplets or contact with the affected person and starts affecting the healthy immune receptors.,
This leads to a lower immune response and eventually, the Novel virus starts to multiply inside the human body.
4. Common indications of Covid 19
It starts with a common fever, headache, cough, sore throat, runny nose & sneezing. Novel corona shows some typical other symptoms such as altered/ loss of taste or smell ( less common in the omicron variant)
Other variants of corona (novel coronavirus, delta, omicron variant) show different pathogenesis and result in various symptoms.
5. Covid 19 Family
They are a group of viruses that prevails in various parts of the world, which may cause normal cough to severe respiratory illness.
After covid-19’s outburst, other varieties such as delta and omicron infections also came into major play. Once in late 2020, the Delta virus was found by researchers, and it was declared a dominant strain by the World Health Organization.
Delta is more severe than the previous infection with high lung involvement & multi-organ dysfunction, leading to fatal conditions in immunocompromised individuals.
The Omicron variant shows a faster rate of transmission than the delta variant. But the omicron variant has not led to any fatal condition like the delta type so far.
6. Pathology And Confirmation For Coronavirus
After the emergence of a novel coronavirus, researchers carried out studies on the infected persons to find the etiopathogenesis of this acute infection. Still, it’s been a tough task as the virus itself replicates more day by day.
Based on the world health organization reports, diagnostic methods for the coronavirus are as follows.
- Clinical signs and symptoms
- Molecular test
- Rapid antigen test
- Blood test
- After the first infection, patients may either be symptomatic or asymptomatic(remains as a carrier too).
- More or less, once an individual catches covid, indications may develop after 2 to 14 days based on the individual’s immunity.
- Once the virus enters our body, it starts destroying healthy cells.
- People with good resistance can able to produce t-cells that can fight against the virus.
- Sometimes a patient with underlying health issues fails to produce an immune response.
- When a person catches covid, immune cells start to fight against it.
- If the viral antigen wins the war, the immune cells start to produce antibodies that help to prevent re-infection, which means yes, you can get covid twice, it seems.
7. Who Is More Prone To Covid?
The Imperial College London has carried out a study that says the occurrence of the virus is increasing in children than in adults. It may be because of immunization.
The evidence of various data and research shows that individuals who got two doses of the vaccine are less prone to the virus than compared to those who do not take the vaccine.
Additionally, Immunocompromised people and healthcare workers are at higher risk.
8. Immune War
- Developing good natural immunity is the weapon to win this pandemic.
- The severity and prognosis of the Novel, Delta & Omicron variant depends on your immunity.
- Scientists and healthcare professionals are playing a major role in saving public health.
- Based on various data collected with infected individuals, the individual might not be reinfected immediately as long as the antibody remains inside the body once the immunity occurs.
9. Can You Get Covid Twice?
Based on data collected by imperial college and many other studies show evidence for re-infection. Even an infected person is prone to get covid again if the antibodies are no longer there in your body and you have not followed the protection measures.
When you catch covid, the severity of omicron infection is less than the delta. As the senior scholar states, the omicrons are capable of invading those who have already got covid or individuals who took vaccines.
Risk factors for omicron are at high levels for those who are not immunized. At times, you may get reinfected, with mild symptoms or worse than before, which happens when your immune system fails to protect you.
The better way to avoid recurrence and reduce the risk of mortality is to improve your personnel protection and get vaccinated completely.
10. Lifeguard Against Covid19
- The better way to avoid recurrence and reduce the risk of mortality is to improve your personnel protection and get vaccinated completely.
- Proper face mask/shield, sanitizing hands regularly, keeping social distance, avoiding unwanted close contact or public gathering and complete vaccinations. These are like your health security tag lines.
- Department of Public Health is playing a huge role in this pandemic situation across the nations, and we must follow their guidelines.
If someone asks you, can love happen twice? What will be your answer?
In the same way, can you get covid twice? The answer here solely depends on your body’s resistance.
Not only love but covid 19 also not be predicted when and how it will happen. No need to panic but be protective.
(Are you a health freak? Read Best Banana Pancake Recipe and 7 Ways To Make It)
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings